Want to go fishing? Maybe take in a Bucs game? Perhaps a year of pest control? Or a long weekend away from it all on Siesta Key? Dinner at PJ’s Seagrille? Two nights at the Gasparilla Inn and Club? Did we mention fishing? We’re still adding everything up, but here’s a preview of some of the cool stuff to be auctioned at our Save The Tarpon “Shindig” on Sunday, March 3 from 2 to 6 p.m.
The event will be held on the grounds of the Louise duPont Crowninshield Community House adjoining the Boca Grande Community Center. It’s located at 131 Banyan Street along Park Avenue in Boca Grande. You can’t miss it. Just listen for the sound of people having fun – for a good cause. And, of course, thanks to everyone who contributed to the auction. Keep checking back. We’ll likely be adding to the list.
Want to bid on an item, but you won’t be able to join us on March 3? No problem. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, phone number, a description of the item(s) and your proposed bid.
- Seaplane ride for two to go oystering: You, your guest, and New York Times best selling author, Randy Wayne White, travel by seaplane (captained by Mark Futch) to Turtle Bay for an afternoon of oystering. Upon returning, Randy personalizes a copy if his new novel, Night Moves, to serve as a keepsake of your adventure.
- Red Snapper Fishing Charter with Capt. Tom McLaughlin of Another Keeper Charters.
- Tarpon fishing charter with backcountry, harbor and beach specialist, Capt Rhett Morris. Includes a 2 bedroom/2 bath cottage at Useppa Island Club for four.
- Tarpon fishing charter with fly fishing specialist, Capt. Tommy Locke. Includes a two-night stay for two persons at the Gasparilla Inn and Club in Boca Grande.
- Traditional Pass tarpon fishing charter with Capt. Willie Mills. Includes two spots on the VIP boat for the World’s Richest Tarpon Tournament.
- One year preferred membership at Useppa Island Club. Includes $1600 initiation fee and 12 months of dues.
- Three hour sunset cruise for eight aboard a sport cruiser. Hors d’oeuvres and refreshments will be provided. From Marine Max.
- Signed, uncorrected proof of Randy Wayne White’s new book, Night Moves.
- Signed, first edition hardcover of Night Vision by Randy Wayne White.
- Full day historic tour of Boca Grande by kayak or stand-up paddle board for four people. Includes a gourmet lunch.
- Four hour stand up paddle board rental and a four hour kayak rental — both from Pirate Coast Paddle Sports.
- Photographs by Rick DePavia.
- Print by marine artist Pasta Pantaleo.
- Pearl necklace donated by Julie Salvetti (Designs by Julie).
- Original tarpon painting by Kim McKoy donated by Special Effects on Boca Grande.
- Limited edition tarpon print by Dana Krzewina.
- Sterling silver hook pendant donated by Gasparilla Outfitters.
- Basket of Reef Safe products.
- Charter with Capt. Chris Frohlich.
- Full day boat rental and jet skis rental from Allure Boat Rentals on Manasota Key.
- Artwork from Kelly Reark, Coco Hibbitts, Jennifer McLaughlin, and Carol Swayze.
- Complete golf cart service. Pick up and delivery included. From Thoroughbred Golf Carts.
- Four tickets to a Tampa Bay Buccaneers game at the 50 yard line. Includes a parking pass. Courtesy of Italiano Insurance.
- Hand-made jewelry created by Angie Mills of Salt Tales.
- Dinner at PJ’s Seagrille.
- A private fly casting lesson with Dusty Sprague.
- Gift set from Hooked on SUP in Cape Haze.
- Gift bag from Newlin’s on Boca Grande.
- 3 Night/4 Day stay on Siesta Key in a private residence.
- One foursome of golf at St. Andrews South Golf Club in Punta Gorda & one free half-hour golf lesson with Assistant Golf Professional Nathan Wilson.
- Flyfishing charter with Capt. Al White of Boca on the Fly.
- Pompano fishing tackle set designed by Capt. Van Hubbard. Includes one hour private pompano fishing lesson & $25 certificate for Stump Pass Grille.
- Yeti cooler and gift set from Barnichol Hardware on Boca Grande.
- A variety of jewelry pieces from Barbara Anne’s Jewelry on Boca Grande.
- Fishing tackle gift basket from Laishley Marine.
- Coffee Gift Set from Hapa Hale Coffee Co. Unlimited.
- Guided flats fishing on Cape Cod Bay with shore lunch with Capt Jake Grzyb of Seafield Guide Service.
- $100 Gift Certificate for Native Gardens Florist on Boca Grande.
- Gift set from The Grapevine in Boca Grande.
- 1/2 day fly fishing charter for two with Capt Gregg McKee in Pine Island and Matlacha.
- Under Armor fishing and hunting clothing.
- Jewelry from Holly’s Gift Shop.
- One year of pest control from Paul Mann Custom Pest Control.
- Children’s gift basket from Smart Studio.